Angelina Jolie took her eldest son, Maddox, toy shopping at the Little Top Shop in the French Quarter of New Orleans last Sunday. You can’t see it in this picture, but she also wore nude ballet flats. Angelina must really like those flats, cause she wears them a lot. But anyways, she looks fab. Love the simple sheath dress. Love the hair. Love the sunglasses.
Kate Bosworth appropriately wore a green Philip Lim dress to the Global Green’s 4th Annual Gorgeous and Green benefit in San Francisco, which she also co-hosted. The black shift dress is from Philip Lim’s spring 09 collection – his regular line. However, Philip Lim also has a green line. Knowing this, Kate asked him to do a green version of the chiffon dress. In the green version, the dress is made from organic silk, recycled zippers, and has been hand-dyed with natural dyes. My inner hippie loves anything that is green. And for something to be green and stylish – that’s just fabulous. The swirls of zippers takes the basic black shift dress to another level, which is great. Kate completes the outfit with classic black, pointy heels.
Before co-hosting the Grammy nominations with LL Cool J and performing, Taylor Swift walked down the red carpet in an asymmetrical Jay Godfrey dress. She paired the mulberry purple dress with silver sparkly heels.
Heidi Klum joined her fellow angels at the opening of a new Victoria’s Secret flagship store in NYC. All the angels were in red. Except Heidi broke up the sea of monotone reds with a Yaya Aflalo Estelle dress in black and red. Her Christian Louboutin Very Prive Platform pumps matched her dress perfectly, right down to the black and red theme.
Victoria Beckham is ending the year with with a bang. Her new dress line sold out before it even hit the racks. And she’s kicking off the new year by gracing the January 09 cover of Harper’s Bazaar. Here are some highlights:
- On her persona: ”I go into hair and makeup, and I turn into ‘Victoria Beckham.’ I’ll try on all my dresses, and I’ll pick out a handbag, and I’ll put on the shades. I instantly turn into this person, and it sort of feels like a character. And there are so many pictures of it. . . But it’s a true character because it’s still me. . . If I go to the supermarket looking like sh*t, that affects my work. I am selling an image. Plus, I have fun with it.”
- On posing: “I have started smiling. I’ve mastered this smirk; it’s a smile that isn’t a smile. . . I used to get so nervous, and when I got on the red carpet, I’d freeze up. I’ve had so many things said about me over the years, like a public bullying. . . The older you get, the more comfortable you become with yourself, and you accept what you have physically. Also, the fact that my business is doing very well” — she smiles — “makes me feel a little more confident, too.”
- On always being in high heels: “Oh, c’mon, they’re not that hard to walk in…They’re not uncomfortable! You have to go to a sex shop to get this spray to polish them.”
- On whether she personally went to the sex shop to buy the polish: “Oh. No…”
- On her success in the fashion world: “I really had to prove myself, though…But now I feel like I am competing in an arena where I belong.”
- On having another baby: ”I’m such a girl’s girl. I walk into my closet and go, ‘Crikey!’ To one day hand that down to another girl …” But no, she is not pregnant. “You get a little water retention; it’s not news. Me, Katie [Holmes], Eva [Longoria], and Kate [Beckinsale] always joke about how one of us is allegedly pregnant, but no, we’re just a little bloated today! None of us is pregnant.”
- On her engagement: ”It was a really happy time. We’ve had a lot of ups and a lot of downs. We’ve been married for nine years. I love him more now than when I first met him.” She pauses. “Back then, there was a certain innocence. I look back and think if only I knew then what I know now. I’ve toughened up a lot.”
- On the paparazzi: ”I don’t complain about paparazzi because I’ve put myself in that position, and so has David. But I always say to the boys, someone is going to take your picture because you’re handsome or you’re smart or because you’re so good at soccer. But every now and again, Romeo might pick up one of David’s cameras and say, ‘Victoria, Victoria, over here!’ And his attitude is sort of angry.”
The magazine hits newsstands on December 16th. Read the full interview at HarpersBazaar.com.